Sound Living - a One Day "Communiversity:
November 9, 9 AM - 4 PM
Everett Community College
The Sound Living Communiversity is a one day university for anyone who wants to immerse themselves in Puget Sound, without getting wet. This third annual has gotten better with more sessions so there are more opportunities to hear from our expert presenters. With 25 presenters to choose from, there is something for everyone!
At Sound Living, participants explore the connections between water, land and people as it relates to those of us who live, work and / or play in Snohomish County.
Sound Living 2013 includes:
- a keynote panel presentation, moderated by Betsy Peabody, Executive Director and Founder, Puget Sound Restoratino Fund, entitled "Points of Hope for Puget Sound". This panel will highlight four stories that will show the progress being made in cleaing up Puget Sound. We'll be inspired by examples that spring from business, youth, government and a beautiful collaboration.
- mingle / snack break and exhibit exploration break
- morning session with 4 different presentation choices
- lunch and more mingling
- first afternoon session with 4 presentation choices
- afternoon snack break
- second afternoon session with 4 presentation choices
- final break
- last afternoon sessions and 4 presentation choices.
- Our first ever raffle! Select from 15 different options with items as delectable as restaurant gift certificates, tickets to local attactions and themed baskets.
The full event program, including presentation descriptions, schedule, directions to college, presenter biographers and mail in registration will be available on September 1st.
There is a fee to attend! Registration is $30 per person. Active students and military service members receive a discount at $20 per person.. You can purchase lunch (8.00) or bring your own. Registration is capped at 200, so sign up early.
Sound Living 2013 is brought to you by the efforts of WSU Snohomish County Extension Beach Watchers and sponsorship by Puget Sound Partnership Donations or in-kind support are also provided by Sno-Isle Food Coop and Cascade Ice.
Secondary content using h2 tag.
item of interest