- This page refers to the February 2012 Sound Waters.
Click on the links at right for more information on the keynote and many presentations.
- See here for the upcoming Sound Waters.
is a "one day university for all", held for more than 15 years on the first Saturday in February on Whidbey Island, WA.
Each year, Island County Beach Watchers volunteers begin planning for Sound Waters in late spring, and well over 500 people have attended in each of the last several years.
Sound Waters includes:
- Keynote on a topic of importance to Puget Sound
- Snack break - to mingle and network
- Morning session - pick from nearly 20 classes
- Lunch and a wide variety of exhibits and displays
- Early afternoon session - pick from another 20 classes
- Snack break
- Mid afternoon session - pick from yet another 20 classes
To explore what has been offered at previous Sound Waters, click here
When will I find out more about the upcoming Sound Waters?
- This website will be updated in late November with information on the keynote and classes to be offered next February.
- Catalogs are mailed out in late December, and will be available in all Island County libraries.
- On-line registration begins in early January, and normally closes the last week of January.